It took me a while to cotton onto Parks and Recreation, even though I am an avid watcher of pretty much everything else on NBC Thursdays. It seemed too low-key, too boring. But I kept hearing how funny and heartfelt it was, and so I gave it a try by marathoning the first two seasons on Netflix last summer… and guys? Pretty sure it’s my favorite comedy on the air now (just edging Community and The League). Season 4 is back on Sept 20 (13 days!), but till then, a few tidbits to tide fellow P&R lovers over:
- Re-familiarize yourself with the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness
- Season 3 Bloopers and Extras (11+ min, but worth it!):
- Drunk Ron Swanson Dancing (for some insta-cheer, I like to use MaxGif on it and leave it open in a tab at work)
- Tom Haverfoods (keep refreshing for maximum greatness)
- Most of the above are for those who already love Parks and Rec. If you have no idea what I’m going on about, but think you might like the show, a small snippet for you below:
Of course, all of this is also to distract from and cheer myself up about this. Amy, Will: as you navigate what’s to come, just be sure to TREAT YO SELF.
(Photo courtesy of Seat 42F)